Step 1: Training profile
- Create a profile online:
- Massachusetts only providers: massemt.org
- Massachusetts/NREMT providers*: nremt.org
NOTE: For assistance with either www.nremt.org or www.massemt.org contact the NREMT help desk at 614-888-4484, option 2.
- Affiliate with your EMS agency:
- If unaffiliated (and non-NREMT):
select unaffiliated based on your region
- Enter all of your training hours:
- By February 15 to ensure you receive your MA certification by APRIL 1.
- Past credit available at: mass.gov/dph/oems (under Online Services)
Entering Old Massachusetts Recertification Standard on MASSEMT.org file size1MB
- Submit training hour application & profile fee (recommended by 02-15-2014):
- Massachusetts only providers: $20 BLS / $25 ALS
- Massachusetts/NREMT providers: $15 BLS / $20 ALS
Step 2: Profile review
Your agency Training Officer will review your training profile for accuracy and document the proficiency of your skills.
If an ALS provider, your agency Medical Director will also review your training profile for accuracy and document the proficiency of your skills.
If unaffiliated (non-NREMT), you will be contacted by the state EMS office for a review of your records.
Step 3: State application
AFTER 12-15-2013, go to the friendly URL: www.mass.gov/dph/oems/elicensing. Find your account based on your SSN and birthdate.
Review your information for accuracy, answer questions, and submit recertification fee using credit card / e-check.
Submit (recommended by 02-15-2014); you will receive your new certification card in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
*Note: All programs will be held at Williams College with the exception of First Responder Down, which will be held at the Williams Inn, Rte 2, Williamstown, MA. Click here for map.
For more information on these classes or to inquire about other programs, please contact our office at 413-458-4889 or by email at email@example.com